Tuesday 8 February 2011

Title sequence development



(video of first 20ish secs)

I have used elements from my idents to create some of the footage for my title sequence. Some of these assets are from my original title sequence, and some of them were designed for the title sequence in the first place. 

The main changes are the removal of 'top' and '10' from the actual sequence. In the idents there was a need for this information, but for the title sequence I think it is optional. I may include it if I think it looks better, but I like the idea of using more story characters instead. 
For example here I have replaced the words with the moon, rather than it fading away, it stays opaque. 

I think that the continuous movement worked well in the ident, and might help to stop the frame from being  little static. The moon could continue to move away/fade slowly, while the cow crosses it's path at the intersection.....




The other change is that I have replaced the falling program title with the cow, as in my original design, eventually squashing the egg.













 I think that my caterpillar ident is my most successful. I designed this purely as an ident, but I liked the way that the the program information is revealed at the end so much, that I think I might use it for the end of the title sequence. It is also good in terms of smooth transitions.... the hearts make it very smooth to transition from one frame to another so I think that this will help with the journey/traveling element that I am trying to achieve.


The only change I have made at this stage is removing the day and time information which obviously would not be required for a title sequence, as well as leaving the frame until all of the hearts have dispersed which I think signals a more finite end to the sequence and mirrors the fading out of the soundtrack. I think that fading out the entire frame could also work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment