Friday 11 February 2011

Final piece 2d/3d/2d




I made the model from foam board and paper. The stereotypical and universally identifiable image of Einstein is as a relatively old man. I would have liked to have had a real model wearing an Einstein mask that I would have made, but unfortunately I was unable to get a man of the age that I could get to model naked for me, so I drew the models body based on my imagination of what an old man's naked body looks like. I used an image of Einstein's face that was relatively comical as the setting for the composition is obviously fairly ridiculous and I felt it appropriate. I made the model only around 25cm tall, then photographed it in front of my wardrobe, only holding the model close to me so that it looks in proportion. I also slightly tweaked the photograph on photoshop to emphasize the hot pink colours and mute out the others. I think that in theory it worked, but I think that the poor quality of the photo and lighting affected the success of the outcome. This was unanimously agreed in the crit. As further work I could re photograph the composition. I think that this week my image brief suffered a little as a result of me concentrating my time on the animation brief, however I am very excited about the book fair and keen to get working on the new brief straight after the hand in!




No comments:

Post a Comment