Thursday 10 February 2011

PACKAGING MOCK UP

This is just an initial mock up of my packaging : the black stars will be foiled, but this mock up was purely to get an idea of how the placement of the stars ad text worked within a 3d context. It think that it works well in terms of stock, colour and functionality. The thickness of the watercolour paper is perfect. The insert does sit slightly open, but this was how I expected it. I could make the spine wider, but the function of the sleeve is not just aesthetic as it will hold the insert shut when in place. I am experimenting with the shape of the lip of the dvd pouch; it was supposed to have just a finger hole (semi-circle) but while I was crafting I thought I'd try out this alternative witch is less conventional but I think looks quite good.




No comments:

Post a Comment