Wednesday 9 February 2011

FINAL CRIT FEEDBACK



The main issues raised and my responses : 

Only two colours at the start, is there a reason for this?
I limited each section of animation in the title sequence/each ident to 3 colours plus black outlines where necessary. I did this because I didn't want the motion graphic to become like a multicoloured children's cartoon as the target audience is adults. I think that the limited colour palette offers a more mature tone of voice. I have however taken this into consideration and added a subtle colour change from grey/blue to a bright sky/turquoise blue to add a bit more dimension to that part of the title sequence.

Story board for 50 second animation not on blog.
This is becasue my ideas for the title sequence are not yet blogged as they are in scruffy bits. I want to redraw the sequence in full as one thing to make it more clear and for submission.

Packaging too feminine in terms of colour scheme and visual content.
On reflection, I agree very much with this comment. I think that I will redesign my packafing in this respect. I think it is important for the packaging to be appropriate to the target audience, which is female and male adults.

Time/day of program; missing from cat ident and not on screen for long enough on caterpillar ident.
This is something that I had not yet picked up on prior to the final crit and plan to correct.

End scene of title sequence not fully resolved - Could something happen to the title/text once it has been shown?
This is an idea that I had not considered but I think could really work. My title sequence seems a little stretched to me, only by a couple of seconds, towards the end. I think that adding more assets is not the solution, as there is not enough time to animate them properly. I think working with what's already there (i.e. the title) would be a good solution. Also this overcomes the issue of how to end the sequence, as the words need to disappear in some way which I have yet to resolve.

Caterpillar and mushroom need to be fade in/out together so that the mushroom is not visable through the caterpillar.
This is an issue that I have tried and so far failed to resolve. I think I need to make the mushroom and caterpillar one asset in illustrator, so that the outline of the mushroom cannot be seen through the caterpillar.

Caterpillar ident slick in terms of transition, could this be more consistent through all of the idents, in particular the cheshire cat one?
The cheshire cat ident is by far my weakest ident in my opinion. For this reason I have not included this character in my title sequence. I don't think it is necessary to include all the characters from the idents in the title sequence anyway, if anything its better not to and to have some variety. I think that I might redesign this ident, but only if I have time as there are things that I want to prioritize.

No comments:

Post a Comment