Tuesday 8 February 2011

PACKAGING FOR DVD COVER : MOCK UP

This is a mock up of my dvd packaging on cartridge paper. I wanted to use catridge paper, as I know that the thicker paper downstairs in digital print is not good for folding. I thought it would be okay because the main structure is doubled up, only the sleeve being a single layer. I think once its stuck down and the dvd is inside it might seem a little more rigid, but I am going to experiment with some other stocks that I will source myself. I have two print sessions booked, so I have the time and opportunity to experiment.

I was planning to create quite an intricate design for the sleeve to be cut with the lazer cutter. Unfortunately, when I went down to investigat this possibility today I found that I have to have a half day induction, which I think I have time for, but they have no space untill three weeks from now as they only run the inductions on monday mornings. The other anooying thing is that after reading week we have enterprize lectures on monday mornings, which I explained, and he said that if I could get a group of about 6 graphics students who were interested then he would run a one off session in the afternoon one monday. Unfortunately, not in time for me to use the lazer cutter for my packaging.

So now my options are to create a simpler design and/or make my best attempts at hand crafting! I know that hand crafting is not a huge strength of mine, at least in terms of packaging, so I might rethink my design slightly.

Outside sleve with cut out : image/pattern will show through behind it
Back of sleeve

Insert/main packaging coming out of sleeve (front)
(back)
Front of insert
dvd insert open (dvd slide in top of pouch on right)
Design/image and written information will run across this double spread
Half where cd is stored (opened up; will be stuck down - glue gun)
other half (will also be stuck down - spray mount)

No comments:

Post a Comment