Sunday 13 February 2011

NEW IDENT DESIGN

Storyboard :





I was not 100% happy with my cheshire cat ident. I liked the idea of the title sequence and idents being connected in terms of their content and I didn't really have enough time within the title sequence to include any animation of the cat. I had a really productive day on friday and am almost finished with my packaging so I decided to have a go at creating something new based on idents I already had included in the title sequence. I really like the 'once upon a time' type that I actually originally designed for my packaging but ended up using in my title sequence. I think that this ident featuring type creates a nice contrast to the other 3 image based ones. It took me a surprisingly small amount of time to make. I'm sure this is partly due to the fact that I had ll the idents ready made, but it also made me happy to realise I have developed some kind of understanding for the software and have definitely got used to working in this way; with moving image rather than just static.

Keyframes :
1) clouds part to reveal word
2) sky changes colour slightly, closer clouds become translucent

3) word moves towards viewer, new word appears

4) 

5)

6)

7)

8)

9) background colour changes to white

10) word appears

11) word enlarges, number fades in

12) words move to left and align, channel logo appears


13) channel logo enlarges, then shrinks
14) background colour changes from white to beige/taupe and other words fade in simultaneously
15) background reaches 100% opacity


I think that this ident works really well. The timing of the motion graphic is in good sync with the soundtrack. I chose to use the Pogo remix of the Alice in wonderland disney track as I did with the ident for the caterpillar. This was not only because it was suitable in terms of timing, but I wanted two of the idents to have a different soundtrack to the others and the title sequence to add a bit of variety. The two tracks are appropriate for the tone of voice and fairly similar to each other which allows them to work well as a set.
Some of the feedback I got from the crit was that in parts my colour scheme is a little girly, and other comments were that the stronger colours worked nicely as a contrast against the more muted ones. For this reason I used this stronger blue and more masculine and versatile colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment