Tuesday 15 February 2011

FINISHED PACKAGING


I am really pleased with the outcome of my packaging. I think that the tone of voice, graphics and colour choices are just right for the target audience and the theme. Aesthetically I think that the foiling is a really nice addition to the design which it would not have had had it been black. I am really pleased with the way that it functions. It folds away neatly. I am mainly pleased because I designed the net myself. I have spent a lot of time on this as well as forced myself to be more careful and patient with the crafting process which I think has benefitted the mock up in this respect. I think that the sleeve works really well in its dual process of holding the inner packaging shut, and framing the foiled detail on the front

Possible changes I would make :

I think that the shade of the gold foil pops a little too much against the much duller background. I had inteded an amount of contrast, but I think either a more muted gold foil, or alternatively a stronger background colour could work better.

The colour of the disk is supposed to match the other packaging. This fault is due to the difference in stock and potentially printer. If I had more time I would print some colour test as I did when choosing for the packaging and then choose a more appropriate colour accordingly.

Another possible change I could make is the module code "ougd 202". I think at first glace it could be read as "aged" rather than "202". However, I liked this aesthetic as I think that it works well with the theme of children's stories as it reminds me of how children write their name and age on their drawings. Considering the module code and name are purely there for  submission purposes, I think that I will let this one slide....


No comments:

Post a Comment