Wednesday 9 February 2011

PACKAGING FOR DVD COVER : NET AND ARTWORK

This is the net that I have measured out and created for the inside part of my packaging...
This is the net for the sleeve that will slide over the inside part. This will have some kind of cut out on it, I'm not sure what yet.


This is my design for the inside of the inner part. The dvd will slide into the opening at the top.


This is my design so far for the other panel inside the inner part of the packaging. I want to use the caterpillar because I liked this artwork the best and I think that the hearts could provide a variety of good visual solutions for the packaging.


I think that removing the black outlines could look really good because of the stock that I am using, but I might only remove some, not all otherwise the text might not fit in very well with the design. Alternatively it could help the text to stand out. I think I need to print to see how this will look.



Addition of hearts :


Potential design for outside of inner packaging (will be visible in parts through the cut out). I think that this design would work better if the hearts were arranged more systematically, in a pattern of some sort perhaps. I think I need to go back to hand drawing and see what I can come up with. I also need to decide on the design/shape for the cut out as this will determine could be shown through.


No comments:

Post a Comment