Tuesday 25 January 2011

Variations on word 'balance'

I really like the concept behind this idea, however I think that the readability is poor.
In this development (below) I added these dotted lines to kind of fill in the structural gaps in the pyramid. I think that in some ways it helps the composition, but in others it takes attention away from the word, which is already difficult to see.


Here I have experimented with blocking out some areas of negative space to help me to define the letter forms. In some ways I think it helps, but I think it takes away some of the charm of the composition and the illustration.



For this idea, I have added an outline of the letters to help to define them. I think it helps but it has made the design even more complicated.






This variation I have experimented with different colours within the areas of negative space. I don't feel this works or makes much sense....
I think perhaps the addition of the letter outlines work, but maybe removing the dotted lines will give the composition the simplification it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment