Wednesday 19 January 2011

sound experimentation....

Sound effect :


In this first video I tried out a twinkle sound effect that I sourced from the internet. It was not as long as I wanted, so I had to repeat it. It is not perfect, but it is good enough for me to get the impression and make a design decision based on it.

Soundtrack :


For this one I experimented with a hip hop version of 'Twinkle, twinkle little star" by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff. I think that it is slightly inappropriate for the style of the animation, however I think that that a more adult soundtrack, rather than a children's nursery rhyme say, is more appropriate for the target audience.

Soundtrack :


This was really just an experiment for fun... but I used a creepy version of "Twinkle Twinkle"...

What I have found so far is that I think I need to animate more before deciding on whether sound effects or a soundtrack would work better.... however now I have a better idea of how it works I will be able to actively consider sound whilst I'm animating, rather than thinking about it as a completely separate thing which I admittedly think I have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment