Sunday 2 January 2011

"CRUNCH" ANIMATION DEVELOPMENT



Here I have developed the first 4 seconds of animation only, the last second has not been properly edited yet.
Due to the fact that I am working with a frame rate of 25 frames per minute, I divided the first 100 frames into 4 (for the first four minutes).
I will have to select 25 frames from the remaining 58 for the last second, which I am working on at the moment. I chose to loose out on the layers/frames that I had created towards the end, because the bite marks become smaller and less defined so have less impact on the animation.

 I am pleased with the overall effect of the animation, it appears how I had intended it to. However, due to the fact that the brief states that the animation may only  last 5 seconds, the 'eating' of the word is all over a little more quickly than I would like.

Ideas as to how to overcome this problem :
- Larger bites
- Less of the word being 'eaten' (not the entire word)
- More than one bite per frame

These are all things that I considered before choosing to animate this word in the way that I did,  but decided against simply because I liked this idea the best.
I have another "crunch" animation idea that I want to try out, which will take just as long, if not longer to make than than this one, so I plan to focus on that, then I may try one of these 3 solutions to the problem.

Photoshop screenshots illustrating how I used layers to gradually 'eat' the word:






No comments:

Post a Comment