Wednesday 12 January 2011

FEEDBACK FROM PROGRESS CRIT FOR "SILENT MOVIE" BRIEF

ACTION PLAN :

"CRUNCH" (1)
The main feedback was that perhaps the green flashes aren't particularly relevant and don't add anything to the animation.
I could instead experiment with the colour of the text and perhaps a more mutes colour could work better.











"CRUNCH" (2)
Could experiment with colour of text.
Need to remove dud keyframes that are giving the word a twitching effect unintentionally a couple of times throughout the animation.











"STRETCH"
Interesting idea, but could try another design from my storyboards due to the vast range of possibilities available with this word.

These are two storyboards that I would like to try and animate :

I discussed these possibilities with Lorraine and my group and considered ways of achieving the results I would want. I think I would need to experiment with 3D settings and perhaps word on piveting on the 'y' axis, using the 's' as the pivet point. I could also set up a camera to create a more interesting viewing angle, and make the word naturally become larger in parts at the desired points.

BOUNCE
With this animation it was discussed that the bounces needed to be more natural; Lorraine pointed out that an actual bouncing ball would loose about half its arc height each bounce. Also it would gradually loose momentum as it continued to bounce. 






No comments:

Post a Comment