Thursday 27 January 2011

Experimentation with creating a mask and adding plaster effect :



I was not content with the black layer behind the wallpaper. I thought it would look more affective than white or any other colour, but I actually think it looks like ink more than anything.... I learnt how to create a mask, and found this amazing website for free stock images of surfaces. I had considered plaster as a colour option to reinforce the impression of wallpaper, but I wasn't sure that simply the colour of plaster would be convincing, so this free plaster image presented a new option. I was amazed at how simple it is to create a mask and am really pleased with the effect.


Experiments with layout for a1 "balance":

I dont think it works centralized due to the triangular composition. I think there needs to be more weight towards the lower half of the a1...


I think that size is important in order for this to work, and I think scaling it up will make it even more illegible than it already is...


In terms of positioning, I think this is about right, but the scale too small.


I think that this is the one that I am going to go for... 

No comments:

Post a Comment