Sunday 2 January 2011

This next "crunch" animation is based on a storyboard idea I had. I want to create the impression of the word "crunch" being formed out of a kind of solid block, where gradually, piece by piece chunks are bitten out of it. 

Firstly I created the layers on Photoshop...

Initially a black box which I then erased areas to give the impression of bite marks :


I worked with the word "crunch" beneath the layers, which I made transparent so that I could work the bites around the outline of the word...


Eventually the word emerges...



I actually really like the effect this has had on the typeface that I used. It has created a new variation of this typeface altogether. Even if I don't use this animation, I may well use this method, or a similar one to create a typeface in the future.



Working with the layers in AfterEffects :


No comments:

Post a Comment