Monday 17 January 2011

ideas for 'this column will change your life'

I toyed with the bird illustration, but felt that I might be the only one that found it funny... so I decided to work on this other idea I had which I felt was more to the point...
I tried putting it into illustrator and tracing it so that it could become a vector file, but I felt that it lost something... I think that the hand drawn aesthetic suited the style of the cartoon and the joke...
It seemed a bit like it was lacking something, and seems the wrong shape for the space, so I created this red and yellow layer to make the image stand out more. I'm still deciding whether it works... I think it could look better if the red and yellow was coming out from behind the boxes, rather than all over... also I think the felt tip pen texture works well, but I could experiment with some other textures within the colours...
If I have enough time, I still want to have a go at the bird cartoon and perhaps bring both to the crit and see what people think.



No comments:

Post a Comment