Monday 17 January 2011

ideas for 'relationship maths' article

my first idea is to play on the text/computer typing symbol for heart...
or perhaps broken heart...
I like the idea but I don't know how many readers of the guardian would know this as I consider it to be quite a childish thing probably used more by my generation...
I also like the idea of playing on the way that Facebook represents peoples relationship stauts and the brutality of the language that is used, particularly when you want to break up with your other half...
The message Facebook sends you will read something like 
"On saving, you're relationship with Joe Bloggs will be cancelled"
Cold.
I also enjoy the options available for your relationship, and how Facebook articulates these changes:


I made this image fairly quickly, but I think it is along the right lines of what I want to create for this article. I definitely think that a more digital or type based illustration would work best because I have created a hand drawn image for the other article illustration on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment