Monday 22 November 2010

PROMOTIONAL ARTICLE

I sourced the content for the article from my contextual research, mainly the 'freegan manifesto' and 'the dumpster diving guide', but I re-wrote it to be relevant. I sourced the image from the internet which I realise could cause copyright infringement issues in a real life design situation and would have to be taken myself or purchased. Had I had the time/decided to produce this piece of design earlier on in the project I would have done this.
I chose to use this as a form of promotion because I think it contextualizes my product as clearly as possible.


I had some fun with InDesign again! And this layout took me a fraction of the time it would have taken me to do at the begining of this module which for me shows my improvement in a very visual way. I know its not perfect, but admittedly it was something I decided to do in the last couple of days. It has meant that I had to spend a lot of time diving in ang out of the digital dungeon trying to print it (only because I wanted it to look real!) and obviously trying to redesign and reprint my promotion board. BUT I DID IT! And I'm glad I did. I feel like the project is more complete with the adition of this article and the other magazine layout, and in my opinion I feel that these two layouts are my strongest pieces of design within this module/project!






No comments:

Post a Comment