Friday 12 November 2010

ILL :(

The last couple of days have been absolute hell as I have come down with some kind of debilitating cold which got to the stage where it actually prevented me from working. After a constructive conversation with  both Lorenzo and Fred I managed to chill out and stop panicking. My concerns were that I was gradually loosing the week, and although I feel on top of things for once, I was going to be restricted by time as to what I could do, particualry as I had not finsished designing! However, I have now finished my watercolor for the net of the simple box that I have chosen for the 'Dumpster Diving Kit' THANK GOD! I have to say I feel that as a result of my mental stressing out I have rushed my design idea somewhat. I think that I went with this net because of its simplicity without much investigation into other possibilities.... I think that if I really get my act together its not too late to change things. I have also experimented with the striped sides as seen in my previous designs. I have redrawn the origianl characters  for the packaging as I felt they needed to be integrated into the entire design rather than standing alone. I have developed this hand drawn type which I think looks good and fits well with the friendly light hearted tone of voice and the retro graphics of the product. I like the small pink hearts on the clothing of the characters as I think it adds a consistency to the design, as do the stripes. I could apply these aspects to the other products or the A2 boards as this would help to brand the product more effectively. I would like to develop the typeface more as well; perhaps design the full alphabet so that I could apply it to more things more easily, such as the boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment