Thursday 18 November 2010

DEVELOPMENT OF BOARD DESIGNS

I have formulated a 9 column grid to crete the layout for my packaging board.  I have really been getting to grips with indesign and working with grids.I feel that until now I had not used it to its full potential.


I wanted to re-arrange this board so that there is more of a sense of hierarchy within the layout. Before all the product images were the same size and spaced out equally across the page (see previous design). I liked the way that there were multiple views of the product but it was too much to take in. This is my latest idea :
In this instance your eye is taken first to the main product image and then along at all the smaller images. As this board is A2, I can afford to make these images much smaller than they were originally.



Point of sale board re-designed landscape:
I think that these images work much better on a landscape layout.
Experimentation with product images:
I have included this grey box to make the images stand out better and make it look less clinical and to add some continuity between the boards as I haven't designed a very versatile brand identity. I have added a dotted border to the box to soften it and make it more visually friendly which I think suits the tone of voice of the product better.

No comments:

Post a Comment