Tuesday 9 November 2010

Layout experiments

I have been toying with this hanging packaging design because I feel that in the context of a supermarket, which I think is where my point of sale would be, I think that it needs to be able to hang. I have looked at some nets and designed my own based on them. These are some designs for how the front of the packaging would look:

I think that 'futura' typeface works well because it is sleek and fashionable, like my target audience, yet playful to some extent - as much as I would like it to be.
'Desperate housewife?' is something that I came up with for the branding of my product, however I am having doubts about its message. The information/connotations about dumpster diving would be on the inside or inside the packaging as a separate piece of design. However, I think that by trying to create something minimal, stylish and intriguing, I am actually failing and just creating something quite confusing. I'm not sure if the design suits the playful message of the products and the concept.




The one aspect of this design I do like the idea of is die cutting the glove shapes and the type revealing the colour of the pink washing up gloves. This provides an economical and subtle but relevant use of colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment