Thursday 11 November 2010

designs for packaging

I have decided that I want to go back to the hand drawn style of artwork. I think that it is reminiscent of old fashioned 50's advertising and branding which I think suits the style that I have been trying to achieve. I envisage this product being rather novelty, and perhaps being sold in shops such as Urban Outfitters or Past Times - places that tend to have a home ware department that often features novelty or comedy products.
These are some of my initial sketches:

I am experimenting with watercolours and hand rendered text. At this stage I can't decide whether it is working. Once the paint dries and I do some ink pen outlines I think I will be more opinionated. I also think that the white space is too empty. I want it to be more busy and more colourful to suit the tone of voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment