Tuesday 10 May 2011

type designs

These are the typefaces that I think are most successful. I have been researching some tutorials on how to improve my live tracing techniques on illustrator. I  think that for some of them the effect of live trace works well, but on others I think that the cartoon like aesthetic that it gives can look a little bit tacky.  I would like to try to explore some other methods of refining line which enable me to have a little more control over the final outcome.



I have decided to create a 12 page editorial to showcase my bespoke hair typeface designs which will then link to a website which is where they will all be available in full as typefaces as well as being able to order the poster designs that are featured in the printed piece.

My next step is selecting which of these typefaces I will choose to develop further and consider how they will be presented on print. 

Following this I intend to produce 1-3 typefaces in full, depending on time, for the benefit of my portfolio and to help illustrate the function of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment