Monday 16 May 2011

layout experimentation

I have been experimenting with layout variations for the first four designs of the publication that I am creating of hair based typefaces. I have decided upon a linear black and white style as I feel that it works well as a way to link the selection of typefaces together. 








Through this investigation I have found that a lot of the layouts work best portrait. The publication could be portrait or landscape, however I have come to the decision that I want the pages to be single sided printed so that there is the possibility of tearing out each one and displaying it as a poster if wanted. I might also look into perferating the pages to allow them to be removed more easily. If the magazine has this duel purpose, it could be possible that some of the pages are landscape and some are portrait - depending on which poster layout works best.









No comments:

Post a Comment