Thursday 19 May 2011

first print out!

This is my first printed mock up. I am generally really pleased with it, simply because I had fairly low expectations. I have not put a publication together before and I felt sure I would make some mistakes! I realise this is no the most complex of layouts, but I felt I should ease myself in to publications and not try to tun before I could walk - I followed a very simple grid layout and as the content is pictorial rather than a body of text.

In terms of stock, I used a heavy newsprint which I have used previously and found that it wasn't too see through - however this was with much fainter design printed on to it. These black images show through the stock a little bit, especially were you to hold it up to the light, (which fortunately you probably wouldn't do with the pages of a publication!). I dont think this is a huge issue, as when the pages are laid flat they are not really translucent. I may try another stock, but I'm not sure I will be able to afford it!




I might re-print he middle pages in colour either to match the cover, or just to add a bit of colour to the publication. 


I am still not entirely happy with the below layout;
I think that the type is too small which doesn't allow you to see the typeface to its full potential.


This is the only big error - the linked file was incorrect for some reason so this random file printed in place of the right one.....


No comments:

Post a Comment