Monday 16 May 2011

editors note

This is just a rough idea of how I want the first page to look....
I want it to introduce the publication, explain briefly what its purpose and content is about and then link the reader back to the main website. I want it to be suitable for anyone to pick up and discover what it is about.

I used helvetica for the title to reflect the front cover design, but this time inverse. 
I have also considered using a cut out for the cover, so this could provide the contents/colour for what is seen from beneath the cover when viewed shut.....




I think that left aligned works best but I'm still not 100% happy with it. Editorial layout is a real weakness of mine which is partly why I decided to involve some layout in this self directed project. It looks slightly better now that I have centralized it properly, but I'm going to come back to it once I've printed a draft and looked at it on a more realistic scale. 


The copy for this introductory page is by no means finalized; this is just the first and simplest way I could think of to describe the publication :

I plan to try and gain some feedback on how succinct and comprehensible this is during the crit on wednesday.

I have also written a small bit for the final page, simply reiterating the direction to the website. Again, this is not the final copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment