Sunday 6 March 2011

SCREEN PRINTING FOR BOOK FAIR...

Screen printing went really well. Was probably one of the most hectic printing sessions I've had, trying arrange the stock on the bed as quickly as possible each time to avoid drying out the screen but managed to do it in one go! Most of them were really good prints, with only a couple of weaker ones!



PACKAGING EXPERIMENTS.....

My design involves sandwiching the sheets of paper inbetween two pieces of card and then holding it together using the twine and small pegs. I like the simplicity of this way of binding my book (if you can call it binding!)




I think that this could work slightly better if I were to design something for the front cover. I think that I might use my existing screen to print some glue onto the front and then foil block it. I think that this will finish off the books.
Here I have been experimenting with how I could position the designs...I might use a different owl design for each book...



This is how the book would look without a front cover which I did consider as an option, I think it works in some ways visually, although I think that practically it needs more protection from wear and tear.





I have decided to wrap my books in cellophane, partly for protection and partly for aesthetic purposes as I feel that it makes the books look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment