Saturday 12 March 2011

email to matt

unfortunately Matt has been ill the past few days, so we have had to communicate via daily phone calls. I have basically just got on with the artwork and some idea generating which has been fine so far. I though I would document our e-mails seeing as we haven't been able to meet and brainstorm notes together :

12/03/11

Hey Matt,

I have posted some of the stuff I have been working on for the last couple of days on my blog. With regards to the logo thingys, I know we are not supposed to redesign the logo, but I wasn't sure where to start without knowing what I'm designing for so I just used that as a starting point. If you like the style I can adapt it to anything really. Im working on making it more digital, i want to try incorporating like digital textures for example lemon skin for the little lemon bits. I think its got a long way to go but tell me what you think be brutally honest!!!

I had some other ideas as well about how we could market the brand within bars and clubs and generally get it noticed....
The first thing was I thought we could potentially design for cocktail napkins, stirrers and even the dispensers for the mixers..... just to draw even more attention.
Another thing, was when I was last in london we were in this bar where they had a huge fruitbowl on the bar bulging with fruit, and I thought maybe we could use something like this to draw attention to the brand.... perhaps design some glayva fruit stickers, or even wrap some of them in special glayva paper. We could even design a cool bowl.
Another idea I had with regards to the cocktail napkins, is having interesting quotes, quips, jokes or statements on them. I think that things like that could make good talking points when standing at a bar, and help to get the brand noticed and more importantly, remembered.
I also thought about the idea of having the type on the napkins looking like a handwrittedn scrawl, like when people have ideas and 'scribble them on a napkin'. These are the sort of people that we would be targeting so it would be relevant.

ANYWAY sorry for just vomitting up a load of ideas in an email but just let me know what you think! I think to understand what I'm on about you might need to look through my dp and dc!
In the meantime I will carry on with the artwork, and when I get your feedback on the other ideas I can mock up where appropriate :)

Hope you are feeling better :(
Speak tomorrow on the phone?

Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment