Thursday 10 March 2011

drawing as practice -self initiated

I think that my most succesful briefs were 'book works', and 'type as image'. For this reason I want to develop them even further for this self initiated part of the module. As well as this I want to re-do the editorial brief. Although I dont think it was my most successfull work, I really enjoyed it and I think that I could improve on it with another more directed attempt.

Ideas for possible projects :

  1. Create entire typeface for 'real life' poster type. This would make good portfolio material. Estimated time : up to a week.
  2. Editorial illustration for a fashion/beauty style article. Either source one without an existing image or create a new one to replace an existing one. Estimated time : 1-2 days.
  3. Owl illustrations : adapt for either a stationary set or some kind of gifting material. Estimated time : 1-2 weeks (as I already have the assets).
  4. Papercuts : I am desperate to try some paper cut style work. I have booked a lazer cutter induction and hour cutting session for two weeks from now which works out well as it allows me some time to create a design. I am also interested in trying to use the vinyl cutter to cut paper cut style work rather than just stickers. Paper cut ideas :
                 - Trainers; buy old trainers and customize them using vinyl stickers/sticker paper cuts
                 - Sticker paper cuts designed to cover books (can also be used as part of design for mail out       portfolio that I am currently working on - the experimentation will overlap

Book brief : cutting designs into existing books. This was an idea that I came up with today by accident when I was trying to pick something weird off my diary with my scalpel. I think the effect is interesting and could be adapted effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment