Thursday 21 October 2010

Type workshop 4

Attempt to make body of text as readable as possible, whilst fitting it all on one page.
The same task, but this time involving an image.
Attempt to make image as large as possible without loosing text readability.
Justifying the text so that it spreads to full width of columns.
Working with a 6 column page layout.

Final design : this was only a short exercise to try out page layout and experiment with adding a heading. I am pleased with my result, I like the transparency areas I added, which allow more of the image to be included. However, I think that the overall layout is very busy and not very appealing to read. It would benefit from more white space which I think would give the illusion of less information. I used a sans serif typeface for the heading and the first paragraph (in the grey box) because we learnt that serif fonts tend to be more legible for print based work, therefore using a contrasting font for the heading works well visually. If this were to be sent to print I would need to format the transparency etc in photoshop then link the separate file over otherwise it would not be able to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment