Saturday 16 October 2010

creating a bruise effect

I have been struggling the most with trying to create a bruised effect on the exterior of my packaging. I think if I was able to print to a commercial scale I would be very interested in experimenting with textured embossing or de-bossing, which would work well with the colour restrictions. I tried out some different ways of representing the bruised area.
I think that the message of the packaging is fairly clear without having the bruise effect. My original concept was that the bruised apple would appear completely edible once you open the mailshot/look inside the box. On further investigation and development of my designs, I actually feel that the words do a better of promoting my 'good', and in fact the only imagery I want to use is the apple pips on the inside and the tasty green exterior. I think this works well as though the tasty apple lures in the consumer, only to find out that it is promoting dumpster diving for your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment