Monday 18 October 2010

final designs for net project

These are my final pieces for the net project: 
I think they work well as a set, however separately they have some flaws. I think that the colour choices work well. The green is really juicy like a granny smith apple. I think simplifying my design was a really good descision. I was worried that it might not be clear that the packaging is supposed to give the impression of an apple, but I think it is very clear.


I think that this is the most successful, I think the shape of the box reflects the imagery of an apple really well. I chose not to fold one of the seams; at first by accident, but I actually think that the one curve completely softens the whole shape. I also really like the bite effect which was something I came up with only at the point of crafting. I think it really helps to convey the idea of it being an apple. My only reservations about this design are the positioning of the apple sticker, which in hindsight I think would be more successful if it were on the top as it would be more visible. I also think that the text on the inside of the box could have been a bit more considered. Perhaps I could have made use of the space
 available more.

I really love the way that this net folds up. I think that the apple theme is successful, however I think in retrospect I could have taken more time to consider other possible ways that I could have made use of the two flaps. 

I am the most disappointed with this one... I really thought that this one would work really well. Unfortunately the stock didn't fold as easily as I had found from my experiments. This particular net folds so many times, so it becomes increaseingly difficult to fold neatly. Also, my intention was that as it folded out a little bit of the inside of the apple would show each time, but this didn't work out quite right! Time permitting I will try and correct this error.
The thing I do like about this particualr net is how it looks when it folds out. The angles that it folds out visually look like sliced up apple pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment