Sunday 23 May 2010

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE_prototypes

After a series of issues in relation to printing, I decided to try to spray-mount two sheets of paper either side of a piece of card, feeling that this would achieve the correct thickness. I decided against the thin gloss paper available in the pc suite as I felt matt would actually look less tacky and I thought initially that this would not make it thick enough. I was wrong! once mounted together the card was an alright thickness, but once folded it caused all kinds of problems such as the papers sliding apart and thick heavy creases appearing along the folds.
I then decided to leave out the card and simply spray the two pieces of paper together, which worked really well. A certain amount of flexibility is needed in this packaging, and against my instinct the thinner stock worked really well. I was also unaware of how effective spray-mounting things together can be. I was making them simply as mock ups, but I actually felt that the quality was just as good. The thinner stock was also much easier to cut and manipulate, improving the quality of the final products considerably.











No comments:

Post a Comment