Monday 24 May 2010

INDESIGN_ideas for layout

Mock up ideas for double page spread:

I have picked which image I like the best and that I want to use for the piece, i am now considering what I want to include for the second image. I want to keep the layout simple and sophisticated which reflects my impression of Maya and her style of design work. I experimented with incorporating some of Beatriz Milhazes' work (her favorite designer), but I found it looked overly fussy even when the colours were simplified right down to black and white. I like the layouts where the images and information are stretched along the bottom half of the page like a horizon line because the large area of space seems to draw the eye down to the information in a more focussed way, rather than having it all spread out, and a lot to take in.
I think that Maya's name is very visually interesting so I want to make this stand out. I think I will use colour sparingly to maintain the classy edge, perhaps just a bit of pink which is her favorite colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment