Monday 24 May 2010

INDESIGN_final layout


To be honest I really struggled with using indesign for this. It took me lot longer than I had expected to achieve something so simple, just to get it how I wanted it. I am pleased with the layout, I got there in the end. I think that the shapes work well to soften the feel of the spread. I wanted it to be simple and sophisticated which I think is where the black and white colour scheme works, while the pink and grey translucent bubbles make the piece more visually friendly. I wanted to use a simple, readable font so as not to overcomplicate the design of the spread. I think that the main image represents Maya well, it's natural and approachable. I allowed the text o run across both pages, a format that I have like in articles I have been looking at for this brief and the type and grid one. I think that the image could have ben manipulated more, or something could have been done to reduce the pixilation slightly. I feel that I have learnt a lot considering how little I knew, although I still feel lost with the program at the moment. I need to persevere and not shy away from using it, as I can see how useful it can potentially be. Unfortunately when printed the layout had some serious on screen differences, for example the image of Maya looks considerably darker allowing the outline of the photograph to be visible. I experimented with Photoshop trying to cut out just the outline of Maya and not the background but failed miserably and time ran out on me. This is something I definitely need to look into as I'm sure similar problems will arise in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment