Tuesday 11 May 2010

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE_more illustrations






Stylistically these illustrations are slightly different from my initial ones for this project. I have been considering stock etc, and I am keen to try using a limited colour palette; for example coloured stock/background with black on top. I want the drawings to stand out and be interesting for their content and style alone rather than relying on colour. Due to the broad range of subject matter for the A to Z, I think keeping the colours simple would be the best way to make sure that they do appear as a set. I am happy to vary the colour from image to image, perhaps choosing 3 or 4 separate coloured stocks to work with. I like the style of these illustrations more than the previous. I have experimented with the weight of the line to emphasize outlines and lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment