Friday 26 March 2010

Visual Language_WHAT IS A LINE? Development

I am still continuing to add to my sketchbook, so that I am constantly supplying myself with more material to work with and potentially develop. These are some ideas that I have developed from my original sketchbook drawings. I wanted to experiment with enlarging the images and adding elements of colour, other shapes and pattern:

I particularly like these two watercolour images, particularly once I had enhanced the colours and contrasts on the computer. The higher saturation was only possible on screen and I think it makes the images more striking, particularly against the large areas of bright white. I especially like the abstract quality of the paintings, I tried to only add detail in the form of pattern rather than facial characteristics. The fine lines and patterened elements remind me again of the contemporary illustrator Erone.



No comments:

Post a Comment