Friday 19 March 2010

Visual Language_WHAT IS A LINE? Michael Caine

These drawings were all made from the same image of Michael Caine, which I think is pretty funny considering how different they are. This shows how differently one person can respond to one thing when using the blind drawing technique.




I experimented with the images on illustrator and photoshop; experimenting with half tones and the other functions we were taught in our print induction. I wanted to achieve the same look as the prints we made in the workshop when the photograph is divided up into lots of tiny circles, so that the lines would stand out over the photo.
My inital plan was for these to become the designs for a screen print, but I actually found that they didn't work as well as I had hoped. I'm not ruling out the idea, but back to the sketchbook for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment