Monday 25 April 2011

'scenic route' type

I used this drawing as a base and then attempted to mask over this with text.

I found a tutorial which is posted on my context blog for how to create clipping masks.



I think that finding the correct typeface to work with will be extremely important. It needs to be fairly bulky to reveal as much of the image as possible.

Experimentation with typefaces :







I think that these two (below) work best. The lines work like blinds revealing the scenery behind. I am struggling to decide which works best. I think that this first one is more readable but I think that the aesthetic is more of an art deco cinema which is a little confusing for the intended subject matter.

I think now that I have adjusted the positioning of the mask this one works really well :



No comments:

Post a Comment