Sunday 24 April 2011

cans type

This is the first idea that I really like :
I like the simplicity of the design and the hand drawn aesthetic. I think that the way that the cans are deliberately unequal in size and vary in shape - makes it a lot more visually interesting than if they were all a uniform, identical design. I think that it would be too boring and not suit the casual, comic nature of the quote. The full quotation is by David Shrigley ; "I just drank six cans of cola one after the other and now I feel fucking great."
I think that it is too long to have the whole quote in the same style (the cans) so I might have the second half in a font at the bottom. I think this will create a more balanced and interesting composition. I am skeptical about using the word 'fucking'... I could replace it with a less aggressive swearword, but I don't really want to change the quote, and after all that is not part of the brief, and were this for a client it would  not necessarily possible for me to change the copyrighting. I think using an italic and potentially joined up typeface will lessen the impact of this word in a way that wont ruin the quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment