Monday 1 February 2010

collection 100- Packaging

In terms of packaging, I have been exploring a few possibilities. I like the idea of the cover being quite subtle and secretive. As the messages are supposed to be private/personal i like the idea of not making the content completely obvious. This will hopefully initrigue the reader.
I could do this by having a completely white cover for my book, either thick white card or making a white hardback cover, and perhaps embossing the title on the front so that it remains subtle. Another idea I quite like is to have the plain white cover with a simple sticker on the front. I think this works well with the scrapbooking theme. I quite like the name 'Public Privacy' for my collection, and I think that giving it a simple and intriguing title will encourage the reader to want to know whats inside.
Here are some of my initial sticker designs:


These are the two that I felt worked best. I like the way the watercolours were used on the first one, bowever I think overall it looks far too feminine for a book which ideally should be aimed at both sexes. In both I have made the font have a very much hand written quality, but I think the second is far more edgy and interesting.
I had the stickers printed but I wasn't happy with the cropping and the colours. I redesigned it, using more versatile colours and made the type more legible to improve its readability.

No comments:

Post a Comment