Monday 1 February 2010

Collection 100- Feedback

Unfortunately I was ill for the concept crit, but I was able to do a similar crit with a group today when they were going through their feedback. The general feedback I received from this crit was in favour of the scrapbook style that my book is going to take on, however the general consensus was that the book would look better if it were presented neatly and well finished. I presented them with my mock up which shows how I was going to make the book quite tactile, with bits that would fold out etc, but they favoured the more simplistic ideas. I like the idea that the content dictates the tone of the book, rather than its appearance. To enhance the scrapbooking theme I want the images to fill the page where possible, with no boarder. I will be able to achieve this by trimming them down before I bind the book. I was considering giving the book a more focused purpose, perhaps with the addition of some lines o make it a note book, or something similar. My group for this crit felt that this was slightly unnecessary and drew the attention away from the concept of the book. I think I will look into this idea anyway just to see if it works.

Design for the front page:
I wanted to include some kind of introduction/explanation as to what the book is about, just to make it more clear to the audience.

I like the way that the first page continues the colour scheme and style of the sticker for the front cover.

Censorship
I have been looking into a variety of ways of censoring out words/names etc which should really remain anonymous. I tried initially using a swatch of the watercolour from the sticker design, to try and continue this theme throughout the book, however after testing this out i felt it looked a bit of a mess and it wasn't clear that that was what I was trying to communicate. I tried out the smudge tool on Photoshop which I was surprisingly pleased with. It worked well with the messages written in ink as it looked very realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment