Friday 12 February 2010

Collection 100- Packaging Rethink

In the final crit, the main issue raised was my decisions in relation to the packaging. Due to James down at digital print being off sick, despite having a booked session, I was not able to reprint my stickers. I made a mock up sticker, but felt that it looked a little cheap and unprofessional. I rethought the packaging, and looked back at some of my initial, more tactile solutions. I liked the idea of having something physically restricting the book being opened unless it be ripped (for example). I looked into printing some kind of wrapping paper, or parcel wrap, but the idea I liked the most was a simple card band. I think it looks smart and simple, but still encourages the reader to feel as if they are reading something that they shouldn't. I chose to print a text message on the front that someone had sent me in response to me asking for forwarded messages. It was one that I hadn't chosen for the book, but seemed relevant for the cover. It communicates the secretive theme of the book, as well as remaining unclear as to what the book itself contains....

No comments:

Post a Comment