Friday 29 January 2010

Collection 100- Book binding workshop

I had been really looking forward to the bookbinding workshop, as it's something I had never done before. It was a shame that I wasn't feeling that well but I still enjoyed it and learned a lot. I would like to spend more time in this area as I find the whole process really interesting and I know there is a lot more to learn. I have decided to use a Japanese bind for my book as I like the way that it is a visually interesting stitch as well as the fact that I only plan to print one sided due to the volume and content of my book, and this will work better for a book printed in this way. I will have to learn how to make a cover for a Japanese bind book and how to bind it with a cover. I understand it has to be bound with the thread loose initially and then pulled tight at the end which could prove slightly challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment