Monday 25 January 2010

collection 100- Content (texts)

I have been experimenting with how to layout and format the text messages. Initially I experimented with some text style fonts, and used my pretty weak Illustrator skills to try out different ways of presenting the texts. I think that this idea would work if I spent more time on the images, and if it were a book of texts only. I think that it slightly overcomplicates the idea and draws attentions away from its simplicity.

I have decided to hand write out some of the texts which could stand alone in a not nescasarilly text format, and try using a variety of fonts, including some text style fonts, to present the others. I also think that I could experiment with some less conventional layouts of the text.
I did consider using fonts that perhaps denote the tone of the message, or perhaps contradict the tone. Again, I feel that it is very easy to over complicate the tone of the collection so I'm not sure this will work.



1 comment:

  1. Issues raised : Written messages and text dont go together

    Action to be taken : Organising page layouts and combining texts and letters, maybe all of them written..

    ReplyDelete