Saturday 18 December 2010

'STRETCH' EXPERIMENT


For this design I worked from this storyboard :

Here I have created the word using illustrator and then expanding it so that all points of the letters are editable. I then copy and pasted the object into After Effects, rather than importing it. This is because I wanted to be editable within After Effects, while normally you would not have this option. After Effects automatically treat the layer as a mask, but this is not a problem. Working out how to do this took considerably more time that it actually took for me to animate, but I am really pleased with the result. Now that I know how to achieve this I can try and make it more controlled or more detailed. I wanted there to be an element of randomness to the speeds and areas that stretch, but I don't think it's quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment