Sunday 22 November 2009

No News is Good News: Message and Delivery

I have finalised my design for the envelope; which is essentially all one net that folds up to form the entire mail shot, which the pack elements simply slot into. This will require the minimalamount of stock making it more economical and less paper is wasted. Also, I feel that the practical design of the envelope will help promote the message that sewing is 'practical' so that men will be more inclined to try it. The envelope will be sealed with a line of stitch, obviously emphasising the sewing theme, as well as making the envelope itself appear more visually intriguing; rather than simply coming across as a boring brown envelope.




After some experimentation with colour, I have chosen to go for a thick, fairly dark brown card for my choice of stock. The thickness is the best compromise in terms of being sturdy enough to support the kit, but not too thick so that it can comfortably be folded up. I think that the weight of the stock gives the mail shot a more sophisticated, expensive feel, making it appeal to the businessman character. I chose the brown colour because I felt it had an earthy hand-made quality to it, as well as having a definite masculine feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment