Tuesday 10 November 2009

No News is Good News: Message and Delivery Brief

In response to the poster designs, the next part of the brief is to create a mail shot that reinforces the message to an appropriate list of recipients.
Initially, I have been re-evaluating the way in which I put my message across.

WHAT is the message I'm trying to put across?
I am promoting needle crafts by trying to inform people of the rise in popularity of sewing and how it can help them.
I am also persuading them to try it.

WHY am I trying do do this?
In the current economic climate, the concept of 'Make Do and Mend' not only saves the individual money, but helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the planet by encouraging recycling.

WHO is my target audience?
My target audience is going to be primarily women in the younger generations, (possibly 16-35) who are less likely to know how to sew already. I think it will also mainly be aimed at women who fund their own purchases, and perhaps women who are more interested in fashion and the idea of customising their clothes.

HOW am I going to communicate my message?
I want the design of my mail shot to be tactile and possibly interactive, seeing as the message I am trying to get across is encouraging crafts and activity. I also like the idea that the envelope/contents tie in with the theme of sewing, making the subject of the message clear from first glance. I need to think about exactly what content I am going include verbally.
I like the tag line of 'Sew-it-Yourself', however I think that a little more well thought explanation into the concept will help with the delivery of the message.

We did an exercise where we wrote down 5 closed questions (blue), 5 facts (white), 5 open questions (orange), and 5 opinions (green). I found this particularly helpful in establishing the best way to promote my message.





No comments:

Post a Comment