Thursday 3 December 2009

Photography Induction

I found the photography induction really interesting and extremely helpful, seeing as I had never used a digital SLR camera before. I am more accustomed to traditional photography; but even still my skills in terms of actually knowing what I'm doing are pretty experimental, rather than technical! At first I found it hard to get my hand round all the adjustments when using the camera manually, but I found this far more appealing than using the pre-fixed settings, at least at first. After persevering all afternoon, through trial and error, I think I began to get the hang of it.
These are some of the more interesting results from my experiments with my coloured object and different coloured cards:





















I experimented with blue initially, as its the complimentary; I adjusted the colour settings on the camera to increase saturation, which I think creates really strong movement on the boarder of the two colours. I also experimented with coloured shadows and movement. I think that the most interesting images came from adjusting to a very slow shutter speed, and then moving different coloured card in front of the main image to create tints, without showing the pressence of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment