Sunday 27 September 2009

Alphabet Summer Brief

I decided to make the collage in the background all one colour to make the alphabet work better in terms of it being presented as a font. I also added a black boarder to make the letter forms more interesting and less conventional. It also makes them stand out when presented on their own as single letters. I'm not sure how well I have captured my personality. In hindsight, I wish I had spent more time researching similar work and ideas. It wasn't until I began research for the second summer task that I wished I'd spent more time thinking about brief rather than pretty much going straight into making..... but in a way I suppose that's what this year is about, working quickly, more impulsively, experimenting, succeeding AND failing....
I just wish that I had produced something that I felt better represented my strengths.






No comments:

Post a Comment